Monday, November 1, 2010

The Tree

I was thinking how similar I am to a tree. I was a sprout that took hold in my mother and I became a little plant. Green, I was indeed. My parents and my teachers nurtured me and I began to grow. Little by little my branches grew. Mine seem to grow a lot slower than my friends but I knew someday they would. I continued to branch out to new interests. I even had a few birds nest in my leaves. My buds were bursting to open. It was when I went to college that I really flowered. I really became a new tree. One with a new perspective. I could see all the other varieties of fauna and flower. I had grown taller and now could see over my neighborhood to the other parts of the city and beyond. I feel fortunate to have dropped a couple of seedlings that took root and became trees on their own. My annual rings were increasing and the repeated losing of my leaves and having my branches covered with frost, ice and snow were getting too much to endure. I decided like sea bean to drift and head to a warmer climate. My roots are firmly embedded here in Florida. I hope all trees have a wonderful life and that each annual ring brings a nice memory to them. All those rings when it's over amount to one beautiful log.

No comments:

Post a Comment