Monday, November 22, 2010

Dying and Dead

Black and white, that's how I used to look at everything. I still do for some things. Now I hope I see things things in shades of black and white. The absoluteness of things no longer exists. What once was steadfast and and unwavering, now blows in the breeze. Plans change, appointment times change, dinner plans change, the time of meeting a friend changes. Life is unpredictable and I have learned, sometimes the hard way, that I cannot be so rigid and no be open to change. Yes even a plane reservation can be changed. Will there be an inconvenience when we change? Absolutely! But look at the alternative. Some one's feeling will be hurt, toes stepped on and an unhappy outcome is assured. It seems that only someone dying or a funeral brings things to a halt. All of all sudden people find time in their busy, hectic, rigid schedules. Amazing! Well I try and hopefully you will try to to make more time for the breathing, living, loving people in your lives. I have found it almost impossible to talk to someone dying or dead. I do regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment