Friday, November 19, 2010

The Egg

I was thinking the other day how our lives are like a dozen eggs. Some people put all their eggs in one basket. Stay on only one course their entire life. Works for them. Others keep their eggs in that wonder invention called the egg carton. Protected from everyone and everything. Never doing or saying anything that could cause an egg to crack or break. Very sad. I, on the other hand, have seen many of my eggs break. The first one I broke taught me that once an egg is broken the pieces are impossible to put together. You know the yoke and egg white oozes. It's a real mess. I tried to be careful with my subsequent eggs. Unfortunately, being the indelicate person I can sometimes be, others have cracked too. Some of my eggs have broken through adventure and travel. Those demises have been worth the scramble. I will be more careful with my eggs but like the warranties I have, they won't outlive me.

No comments:

Post a Comment