Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Big Fear

The other day I was driving in the big ocean called Interstate 95. There were fish of all kinds, sizes, and colors. We were all navigating along at different speeds. The one thing we had in common was a common fear. The fear that all helpless fish feel. When was that menacing shark going to appear and gobble up one of us? Some had devices to detect the shark. Some were helpless like me. All of the sudden it appeared behind me. Weaving in and out. Laying back in wait. Who was it going to get. I could see the apprehension in the other fish. I did see some fish swimming really fast past me. Could it be them? I stayed in the middle of the school for safety. I tried to be inconspicuous. It was coming ever so close and then it snagged it's prey. A helpless fish with a broken right fin was devoured by the shark. I was safe for now but I knew there was always danger in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment