Monday, November 8, 2010

Moving on

I have heard many people say that they are moving on. Moving where? Well, some are moving on to new jobs, new places to live or with a relationship. The trick to moving on is first, taking a step back and honestly looking at the past. I have moved on to new jobs, a new place to live and new relationships. I looked back to see why I had a new job. What happened with the past one? The first conclusion is usually not the real one. A close, honest look at the cause of a new job is warranted. Fortunately, for me, I retired and I'm lucky enough to do something I love. The most important reason to look back is so that, hopefully, I won't make the same mistakes I made before. Tough for people to admit things that go wrong are their fault. It is much easier to blame someone or something else. I used to do that all the time when I was young and immature. I remember when a friend of my father game me the number of an
employer to call for a job. I never called and then lied to him. He knew the truth and called me out on it. I was embarrassed and never did that again. I know now that no one is perfect. We all screw up. Now I can say I made a mistake and be mature enough to do my best that it never happens again. I do live by a creed. I always try to think before I do something and never give someone an opportunity to criticize me. I can move on because I have looked back and the past doesn't look as bight as the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment