Thursday, January 27, 2011

Songs

YouTube - Cat Stevens - Father and Son Original  YouTube - Nike Basketball CommercialYouTube - Michael Jackson Memorial Service Stevie Wonder  YouTube - Wishing You Were Somehow Here AgainYouTube - garth brooks the river

These songs have moved me, inspired me, taught me and pleased me greatly. Cat Steven's " Father and Son" is the epitome of most people's relationship with their parents. Marvin Gaye's National Anthem shows what a musical genius can do with a simple arrangement and a song. Stevie Wonder's tribute to Michael Jackson is one my favorite songs. No one emotes like Stevie. "Wishing you were" is for everyone who has lost someone, be it a person or a pet. " The River" is a great inspirational song. I had this on my front bulletin board when I taught High School. Hopefully it inspired my students too. Click on the links and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment