Monday, January 3, 2011

The Path of Least Resistance

People I think are like electricity. They always seek the path of least resistance. I, myself, used to seek this too. I liked to hear nice, positive things about me. They weren't always true but I hung around with people who said them. It is very difficult to hear we're not perfect. Now I prefer to be with people who will be honest with me and I value their opinions. When electricity meets resistance the first thing that occurs is a heat buildup. I can see some acquaintances getting hot under their collars when a little resistance is put in their paths. Truthful comments elicit a heat buildup in them too. Why does this phenomenon happen? Well I think it's because we all have this image of ourselves. Unfortunately, it is isn't a real image. It is marred with pride, denial, and an inability to hear things about themselves. I have found that I don't know how others see me. What do I really look like to other people. Frightening as it may be I want to know. In the years I have left I want to know what others see me as. I want to change that image if it is no so perfect. Possible? Yes! Easy? No!

No comments:

Post a Comment