Friday, October 8, 2010

Energy

Energy is an interesting thing. It can be used, abused, saved, shared, and exhausted. I like people with their own energy. It is readily apparent who has their own just from a few moments with them. I always tend to shun people with negative energy. They drain my energy to replenish the energy they wish they had. I always tend to be with people who exhibit energy because then we can share our energies and complement each other. I have, of course, been faked out a few times. People whom I thought had energy, did not. First impressions are very important only if they last through subsequent meetings. These people did not continue to have their own energy. It was just a ploy to get close to suck my energy away.

The energy that put into everything I do is usually one hundred percent. There are things that I particularly don't embrace totally but I still try to give a sincere effort. The energy that I give to relationships is always one hundred percent. The relationship with my wife, my children, my grandchildren, my coworkers and my friends is always hopefully a transfer of positive energy. When the energy is not returned and completely one-sided a serious problem rears it's ugly head. My energy begins to lessen and extinguish. The realization sets in that no matter how much of my energy I give none will ever be returned. The point comes when I'm done. Nothing I can do or say will make the energy be reciprocated. I am very saddened by this but I know in my heart I have made the ultimate effort. I t wasn't always like this. When I was younger the hope would linger for a long time. I would hope that maybe someday my energy would be returned. Age has shown me that, although noble, the wait was strictly in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment