Friday, August 31, 2012

A Person's Best Quality

I observe people everyday and see all the qualities that an individual has. I know the popular ones, compassion, honesty, generosity, trustworthy, witty, playful,and considerate. I think the quality that I think everyone has and  is the most special is Dignity. Dignity has many meanings and can mean different things to  various people. Dignity, to me, is the self respect people have. No matter how old and sick a person gets that dignity to try to look their best always shines through. I remember my three aunts would even on the way to the hospital make sure that their hair appointments were set. I see older men and women, here in Florida always dressed in style. The homeless too have dignity. Their carts or bicycles are neatly packed and ready to travel. You see Dignity is deeply inside all of us and should never be overlooked  when interacting with anyone. I know that losing one's dignity is probably one of the most mortal wounds that can befall a person. I have on occasion lost some Dignity and nothing hurts more.  It makes you question your value and how you are perceived. It does however make you stronger with more resolve to never have any of it lost again. No one deserves that and should never be subjected to that behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment