Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010 This holiday is nothing like I expected it to be. It has turned out to be like the chocolate I don't like, Bitter Sweet. Let's start with the Sweet. I have another Chanukah and Christmas with my Vo. I have three beautiful grandsons. I have made amends with my son and his wife. I have wonder pets, a beautiful place to live, a nice job and thankfully good health. Pretty good huh? I think so. In spite of these bounties there is a Bitter. I use the 25th as a marker. It marks the voids that have developed in my life. People may be gone but are never forgotten. People may choose to alienate themselves but they are remembered. Remembered not as they used to be but in a new light, a fuzzy, not clear picture. Can the picture be returned to it's original luster? I don't think so. It can be retouched though. The new picture can be photoshopped. The pettiness, the unforgiving attitude, the you, not me, is wrong perception can be cropped. So this day of happiness at the birth of Christ is bittersweet. I wish everyone the gift of seeing things as they really are, the gift of remembering exactly who you are in the whole scheme of things and the gift a Sweet Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment