Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Not just another day

We all know a week has seven days. A month has about 30 days. A year has 365 days. Common knowledge that we all have. I have a calendar on my wall, white board, my computer, and my iPhone. I keep track of my tennis lessons, birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, meetings and trips. Yes, I am a calendarholic. I am obsessed with not missing any important event. Why?  They are my calendar because they are worth remembering. Do they have the same importance? No!! Some are more important not just a reminder. Important why? Some days are special because they are for special people. Birthdays are not to be forgotten. Such a special day it is in a person's life. Anniversaries are important. The marking of the passage of years of a special event is worth remembering. Mother's and Father's days are especially important. These are two days that hold a special place in a perents' heart. No parent no matter how removed from their children ever loses that special love for them.  No parent ever wants to be forsaken on that day. All days are not equal. Some are much more dear and never to be taken lightly. Days cannot be recovered like a lost key. Once gone they are forever gone. Waiting till the next year comes for the same day is a risky proposition. Only the foolhardy would take that bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment