Thursday, April 7, 2011

Don't Say It!

I like to talk. Sometimes too much. I have learned a few things about talking though. I have become much more careful in my choice of words. Words are indeed much sharper than a knife and inflict irreparable damage. So I talk with a lot more forethought. Words spoken only to hurt or reveal unnecessary things are pointless and self serving. I have learned when to talk. Age has brought me self control. I wait for openings to interject in a conversation. I find it utterly rude and ignorant when someone interrupts another in mid sentence. I only respond to verbiage directed at me. My name is Don, not Joe, Fred or Marco. Others can answer for themselves. When I do say I am going to do something I do follow through. There is nothing worse than having someone tell you they are going to do something, give you something, let you know about something and then fail to do so. Just shows what little esteem they hold for you. Don't say it if you don't mean it. Extremely difficult to do in this PC correctness crazy society we have become. So the lesson is simple, Say It, Do It!

No comments:

Post a Comment