Monday, February 14, 2011

The Grammys

My wife and I watched the Grammys last night. Categories, categories. There was a diffrent category for every possible genre of music. No one was dared to be left out. I like many types of music, rock, folk, Irish, country, opera, broadway and bluegrass.The color or ethnicity of the singer or group matters not. The quality of the song and how it affects me is what matters. There are songs that after a few notes immediately bring a tear to my eye.  Last night something unigue happened. A country trio named Lady Antebellum snatched all the major awards. They competed in many categories against very stiff competition but won. Their song  "Need you now" was a simple song. A song with lyrics you could understand. A message that crossed across all colors and races. That is why it won. Regardless of the genre a great song stands on it's own. I shun radio stations that play only one type of music. Good music is good music and those who miss out on hearing all types of music are unfortunatley the less for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment