Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Retired Teachers and Knowing who you are!

I am a retired teacher and I have tried to distance myself from the flaws teachers have. Teachers are loud, obnoxious, know it alls.
Always ready to put their two cents in and happy to take command of any situation. It seems retired teachers act the very same way. They do not realize that the world is not their classroom and people are not their students. They need, as I have tried to, with some success, the loud part is still a challenge, know their place. Teachers, they are no longer and people don't want to be confronted with who they were. Hopefully, they have new interests and jobs. Which brings me to the second point of the blog. I believe you are what you do, not what you hope to do. I know many people who say they do this or that. In reality they have those skills but only aspire to actually do that skill. An actor is an actor when they actually act, professionally or amateur, the important thing is to act. You can aspire and hope all you want. You have to get out there and do it. Anyone who has a trade or skill and doesn't use it is, to me, wasting the precious time we have here on earth. I am not very religious but I do believe everyone was given a talent. Sure, life is a chance and not everything is guaranteed. I have incorporated my teaching skills into teaching tennis with some success. Know yourself! Know who are and what you were meant to do and do it! I hope you have as much success and fun as I have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment