Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dead Wood

I think I came up with this concept when I retired from teaching. I thought about all my friends, relatives and acquaintances. Some I was close with and others it was casual. I decided to separate the wheat from the chafe. I only wanted to keep in touch or have a relationship with anyone who actually contributed to my life. However many years I had left to live would be filled with people of my choosing. No more hanger ons. No more complainers, negatives. No more only what you can do for meers. Would there be only a few left. Indeed! Better this way. Like a bowling alley after a throw, the dead wood has be eliminated from my life. I have been eliminated from other people's lives. Why? Since I moved from Rhode Island most of my old acquaintances have not kept in touch. My relatives never kept in touch when I lived there. Here, in Florida, my friends have gotten the message that I have considered them Dead Wood and eliminated me too. Happy! Very! Why people invite stress and unhappiness into their lives, I will never understand. Want to be happy? Press that button in you and eliminate your Dead Wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment