Saturday, December 26, 2015

So This is Christmas 2015

So this is Christmas 2015. Still warm and toasty here in Florida. If it wasn't for all the over the top lawn Christmas displays you wouldn't know it was the Holidays A time for traditions, gatherings, parties, and gift giving. The popular conversation is to remember what Christmas is about. You know keep  Christ in Christmas. But now we have elves on the shelves, menches on the benches and other pagan anomalies. I have my traditions. I always watch "It's a wonderful life" and some version of the Christmas Carol. I do though try to remember the people I hold the dearest. I try to remember them at this time of year because it is at these special times of the year that they know I love and respect them. It's not the gifts or the cards but a heartfelt wanting them to know that I have appreciated thier love or friendship. This is what Christmas should ne about.

No comments:

Post a Comment