Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Call

I have noticed recently that my cell phone is rarely used for calls anymore. I get more texts and emails than calls. I do know why. This is the generation of being impersonal. Texts and emails hide many things. They hide your voice, your emotions and your personality. God forbid I heard happiness, sadness, or anger in a caller. I remember the movie " Doctor Strangelove". The President of the United States asks Larry Hagman to convey the emotions of the Russian President during a phone call after a Nuclear strike has occurred. Imagine that today. Sorry, Mr. President but the text is in capital letters. I'm not quite sure what that means. I am definitely "old school". I want to hear a person's voice. I want them to hear mine. Pauses in a conversation speaks volumes. Not so in a text. Happiness in a voice will never be replaced by a smiley face. Laughter will never be the same as "LOL or LMAO". Call me. Speak to me. Let me use my minutes with someone on the other end.

No comments:

Post a Comment